Invest - Minerva
Your capital is at risk. Please read the risk factors. Please note that this investment is only suitable for sophisticated, high net worth and restricted investors. Before you make any application, if you have any doubts about the suitability of the investments for you we recommend that you contact your Financial Advisor.
Our Listed Bond with secured investments gives you peace of mind that your money is earning a fixed rate of return whilst also benefitting from asset-backed security. The Minerva bond is listed on a regulated EU stock exchange. This means it is subject to EU main market prospectus rules which are designed to protect investors by setting high regulatory standards. It also means that your investment is transferable, and so you can sell your bond if you find your circumstances change.
“We believe investors and businesses deserve better – better returns and better service.”
- Fixed rate up to 7% gross interest per annum
- Invest from just £1,000
- Receive interest payments every six months
- Your investment is repayable in full at the end of your chosen investment period
- Listed on a regulated European stock exchange
- All investments are secured against high quality, tangible assets
How it all works
We arrange asset-backed loans to companies primarily for the purpose of property acquisition or development. We use the proceeds of the bonds to finance these loans.
Your money earns interest at a fixed rate of 7% per annum, which is paid every six months for a period up to four years. And, of course, you are due your original investment back at the end of the term.
The minimum investment is £1,000 (equivalent to 1000 units at nominal £1 per unit invested; actual price invested will be dependent on the accrued interest at the time of purchase), rising in multiples of 1,000 units thereafter. You can invest as much as you like during the offer period, providing it is in multiples of 1,000 units.
We arrange asset-backed loans to companies, mainly for the purposes of acquiring or developing property. We then arrange for these loans to be ‘refinanced’ by selling them to the issuer, using the proceeds of the bonds to fund the loans.
Principally, we lend the money raised by Minerva Bonds to EU-based companies who have passed stringent credit checks. All loans are secured against assets, typically with a maximum loan to value (LTV) of 70% of market value. Your money is put to use funding businesses primarily in the UK. Some examples of previous projects we have helped fund can be found here
Minerva Bonds are listed on the Irish Stock Exchange. This means that the Central Bank of Ireland has approved the Secured Note Programme as complying with the EU Prospectus Directive, following a full regulatory review. It also means the Issuer is required to carry out its activities in accordance with the terms of the Prospectus and Final Terms, available here
We are a public limited company and are not regulated as a bank or lending institution. The investment you make is not covered by a government-backed deposit guarantee scheme or by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Calculate your returns
Discover how much harder your money can work for you with our Returns Calculator.
Invest in multiples of £1,000 with a minimum investment of £1,000 and no maximum.
Please Note: £1,000 equivalent to 1000 units at nominal £1 per unit invested; actual price invested will be dependent on the accrued interest at the time of purchase
Gross interest payments every 6 months
Final payment, gross interest and captial
SERIES 9 OVER 4 YEAR FIXED TERM
Please Note: this calculator and the returns shown are indicative only and based on the nominal unit price of £1 per unit.
Your captial is at risk.
You will earn interest on the Minerva Bond at 7% gross per annum from the first day of the month after you complete your investment until the Redemption Date, which is due to be 30thJUNE 2022. The above calculations are provided for illustrative purposes only.
The amount of net interest you will receive on your investment in the Minerva Bond after tax and charges will be less than the above illustration for the following reasons:
- The amount received will depend on the actual date you complete an investment.
- Income tax may be payable on the interest you receive. This will depend on your personal financial circumstances including the amount of other savings income you earn annually. From 6 April 2016, UK basic and higher rate tax payers are entitled to an annual tax free Personal Savings Allowance, currently £1,000 and £500 respectively. This is our understanding of current UK tax laws and may be subject to change.
- You may incur charges from your broker relating to custody of your Minerva Bond in CREST. If you opt for the custody arrangements provided by InterestMe, this will cost £3 per annum for every £1,000 invested and will be paid out of interest received from Minerva
"Improving office space in the largest city in the South West"
£19m loan | 18.4% Return on Investment
"Helping the UK's leading home-buying company to expand its market share"
– We Buy Any Home
£20m loan | 9.6% Return on Investment
"Developing a recycling facility plant"
– A waste processing plant in north-east England
£7m loan | 25.5% Return on Investment
"Generating more homes on the outskirts of London"
– Harlington, West London
£3.1m loan | 21.4% Return on Investment